The idea of this guide is to help you choose the right equipment set for your job and also give some guidelines and answers to most commonly asked questions regarding the ordering process and CamDolly equipment.
Ordering and shipping
I have an important shooting soon. If I order today how fast can you get the slider to me?
We do not recommend buying the equipment in rush.
The legal order terms require that we ship within 30 days from the payment clearance date.
Normally, most orders are dispatched within 3-4 days from the date of the payment clearance.
Payment usually gets cleared in 2-4 business days.
Shipping time is about 3-7 days (priority).
Take into account possible shipping delays and customs clearance time. It also happens that parcels arrive damaged or incomplete – it’s not our fault, but we need time to fix it. Add some time to check if the parcel arrived in good condition and reserve some time for setting it up, testing and learning.
Again, we do not recommend buying the equipment in rush. Once you have decided to go for it, we’ll make our best to help you get it on time. But please don’t blame us if something goes wrong.
How long does it take to ship my order to XYZ?
- The legal order terms require that we ship within 30 days from the payment clearance date. Normally, most orders are dispatched within 3-4 days.
- Shipping to most locations is about 3-7 days (priority).
How much is shipping to XYZ?
Shipping costs depend on your location and the goods you order. To get an estimate:
- Sign up for the store account, add products to cart and proceed to check out – the shipping costs will be calculated for you before payment.
Typical shipping costs:
- The CamDolly Cinema System shipping cost is usually about EUR 100.00 – 130.00 to Europe and about $370.00 – $450.00 to the US (priority).
Payments, taxes, customs, and billing
Can I pay with my XYZ credit card?
Yes, you can pay using any of the “major” credit cards (Master Card, Euro Card, American Express, Visa, discovery, etc) in our online store. Simply choose the payment option: Credit Card/PayPal. You will be redirected to 2CheckOut payment interface where you can either pay with your Credit Card or with your PayPal account.
The other payment option is regular wire transfer.
Can I pay with PayPal?
Yes, you can pay using your PayPal account in our online store. Simply choose the payment option: Credit Card/PayPal. You will be redirected to 2CheckOut payment interface where you can pay with your PayPal account.
VAT charges and exclusions
The VAT at local 22% rate is added to the order total in the following cases:
- For all orders on behalf of companies resident in the European Union excluding companies with a registered EU VAT number.
- For all orders on behalf of individual persons or companies based in Slovenia.
- For all other orders in case of personal pickup in Slovenia.
The order is eligible for VAT exclusion only in the following cases:
- The order is placed on behalf of a person/company based outside the EU and it is shipped outside of EU.
- You are based in EU, you have a registered and valid EU VAT number AND you have provided it during checkout/registration. Check this page to verify your EU VAT number.
The VAT can not be excluded if:
- You’re based in Slovenia.
- You’re based in EU and you only have a local VAT number. Check this page to verify your EU VAT number.
- You’re based in EU, and just applied for the EU VAT number, but it was not valid on the date of purchase.
- You provided us with the EU VAT number AFTER the order was placed and the invoice issued.
- You are based outside of EU, but you’re picking up goods personally in Slovenia. In this case, there are chances you may get the VAT refund in your country after the customs clearance is made, but we need to charge it.
VAT is ALWAYS added to shipping charges.
See Terms and Conditions for more details.
Customs duties and import charges
- All customs duties or import charges are due to the buyer of the equipment and are NOT included in the shipping fees.
- Customs duties may vary depending on the country. Please check it with your local authorities prior to ordering. Customs duties are usually ~5% of the order total plus some handling fees in the case when FedEx or UPS does paperwork and clearance for you. However, there are countries where they may be up to 50% of the order total.
- There are countries where there are serious total value limits on the import of goods for individual persons (for example USD 1000.00 mark for individuals in Russian Federation). Please make sure the order total does not exceed these limits.
- If you need help to resolve a specific issue you might have, simply send us an email to info@CamDolly.com and state what the problem might be.
Returns in result of customs clearance problems or pickup issues
Please note that in the case when the goods were shipped to you and returned for any of the following reasons, you have to cover the costs of shipping the goods to you and also cover the return costs. The above refers to the following situations:
- Goods that were not picked up in time from the courier
- Goods that can’t be delivered as a result of wrong shipping address you provided
- Goods that have been rejected by customs for any reasons. You are responsible for checking if the goods can be legally imported to your country before placing the order.
Usually, in the case of 1 & 2 we inform you about any issues up front and it happens rarely. See Terms and Conditions for more details.
Warranty and returns
What’s the warranty for CamDolly Products?
All CamDolly products purchased online have a a one (1) year Limited Warranty.
What happens if my equipment fails?
Hardware failures are very rare with our equipment. Electronics failures happen from time to time but are rarer since the products are already matured and refined.
In the case of failure, contact our support to get the problem solved quickly.
Before you contact us:
- Make sure you have read and use the equipment according to User Manuals
- Make sure you have checked Troubleshooting guide in the User Manual (if applicable)
- Prepare all basic information about your equipment, such as order date and number, equipment type, model, a detailed description of the failure.
- Prepare all detailed information required to reproduce the problem (if applicable) or at least understand it. Note down all your CamDolly equipment setup settings, let us know about your camera and camera mounting.
To obtain support and get the repair/replacement:
- Contact our support team
- Send the details as described above
- Proceed according to the instructions given by our staff.
- In most cases, issues may be solved remotely.
- Some repairs may be done on your own with a bit of our support and DIY approach.
- If something needs to be shipped it is usually the electronics or motor units. Main hardware almost never needs to be shipped over.
- If you ship the stuff for repair or replacement according to our guidelines the procedure is fast, easy and inexpensive.
- You are required to cover shipping costs to CamDolly, we cover shipping back to you w/ FedEx, TNT or UPS Economy. If you’re short on time, we may ship it using Priority courier provided that you cover the price difference.
You are allowed to return any products within 30 days from the date of delivery. The full price of the products will be refunded, but you are required to deliver goods in perfect shape and cover shipping costs 2-way. See Terms and Conditions for details.
CamDolly Products Limited Warranty Terms
CamDolly’s warranty obligations for the hardware product are limited to the terms set forth herein.
For some of our products, we offer a one (1) year Limited Warranty.
TERMS OF LIMITED WARRANTY:
For any warranty claim to be considered, our equipment must be sent to CamDolly headquarters in Slovenia (EU).
This limited warranty is void if the equipment is subjected to abuse, neglect, improper repair, improper maintenance, alteration, modification, an accident or other abnormal, excessive, or improper use.
This limited warranty applies only to equipment purchased in fully assembled and adjusted condition from Authorized CamDolly Retailers or other outlets specifically authorized by CamDolly to distribute CamDolly Equipment.
Damage resulting from corrosion is not covered.
Damage resulting from improper assembly or maintenance, or from the installation of parts and accessories not compatible with the CamDolly, is not covered.
All labor charges for warranty service, including the transfer of components and/or any installation of new components, are the responsibility of the CamDolly equipment’s owner. Due to product evolution and obsolescence, some components may not be available for older models. In these cases, sourcing and paying for components is the responsibility of the equipment’s owner.
During the duration of this limited warranty, CamDolly will either repair any defective frame or component or, at our option, replace any defective frame or component with the same or most nearly comparable model or component then available. THIS IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS WARRANTY. ANY AND ALL OTHER REMEDIES AND DAMAGES THAT MAY OTHERWISE BE APPLICABLE ARE EXCLUDED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
THIS IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY CAMDOLLY, AND THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION HEREIN. ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY OTHERWISE BE IMPLIED BY LAW INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE EXCLUDED.
This Limited Warranty gives the consumer specific legal rights. The consumer may also have other legal rights which vary from state to state or country to country. Some states and countries do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or warranties, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. If it is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction that a certain provision of this limited warranty does not apply, such determination shall not affect any other provision of this limited warranty and all other provisions shall remain in effect.
CamDolly warrants CamDolly-branded product against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for one (1) year from the detour of retail purchase by the original end-user purchaser (“Warranty Period”) or as long as it is required to comply with applicable law. If a hardware defect arises and a valid claim is received within the Warranty Period, at its option and to the extent permitted by law, CamDolly will either (1) repair the hardware defect at no charge, using new or refurbished parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability, (2) exchange the product with a product that is new or refurbished that is equivalent to new in performance and reliability and is at least functionally equivalent to the original product, or (3) refund the purchase price of the product. CamDolly may request that you replace defective parts with user-installable new or refurbished parts that CamDolly provides in fulfillment of its warranty obligation. A replacement product or part, including a user-installable part that has been installed in accordance with instructions provided by CamDolly, assumes the remaining warranty of the original product or ninety (90) days from the date of replacement or repair, whichever provides longer coverage for you.
When a product or part is exchanged, any replacement item becomes your property and the replaced item becomes CamDolly’s property. Parts provided by CamDolly in fulfillment of its warranty obligation must be used in products for which warranty service is claimed. When a refund is given, the product for which the refund is provided must be returned to CamDolly and becomes CamDolly’s property.
Exclusions and limitations.
To the extent permitted by law, this warranty and the remedies set forth above are exclusive and in lieu of all other warranties, remedies and conditions, whether oral, written, statutory, express or implied.
As permitted by applicable law, CamDolly specifically disclaims any and all statutory or implied warranties, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and warranties against hidden or latent defects. If CamDolly cannot lawfully disclaim statutory or implied warranties then to the extent permitted by law, all such warranties shall be limited in duration to the duration of the express warranty and to the repair or replacement service as determined by CamDolly in its sole discretion. Some states, countries or provinces do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty or condition may last, so the limitations described above may not apply to you. No CamDolly reseller, agent, or employee is authorized to make any modification, extension, or addition to this warranty. If any term is held to be illegal or unenforceable, the legality or enforceability of the remaining terms shall not be affected or impaired.
This Limited Warranty applies only to hardware products manufactured by or for CamDolly. The Limited Warranty does not apply to any non-CamDolly hardware products even if packaged or sold with CamDolly hardware. Manufacturers or suppliers, other than CamDolly, may provide their own warranties to the end user purchaser, but CamDolly, in so far as permitted by law, provides their products “as is”. CamDolly does not warrant that the operation of the product will be uninterrupted or error-free. CamDolly is not responsible for damage arising from failure to follow instructions relating to the product’s use.
This warranty does not apply: (a) to consumable parts, such as batteries, unless damage has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship; (b) to cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken elements on ports; (c) to damage caused by use with non-CamDolly products; (d) to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, liquid contact, fire, earthquake or other external causes; (e) to damage caused by operating the product outside the permitted or intended uses described by CamDolly; (f) to damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a representative of CamDolly; (g) to a product or part that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of CamDolly; (h) to defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the product.
Except as provided in this warranty and to the extent permitted by law, CamDolly is not responsible for direct, special, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any breach of warranty or condition, or under any other legal theory, including but not limited to loss of use; loss of revenue; loss of actual or anticipated profits (including loss of profits on contracts); loss of the use of money; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business; loss of Opportunity; loss of goodwill; loss of reputation; loss of, damage to or any indirect or consequential loss or damage howsoever caused including the replacement of equipment and property. The foregoing limitation shall not apply to death or personal injury claims, or any statutory liability for intentional and gross negligent acts and/or omissions. Some states (countries and provinces) do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Obtaining warranty service.
CamDolly will provide warranty service either (i) at a CamDolly repair service location, CamDolly Retail or CamDolly Authorized Service Provider (“ASP”) location, where service is performed at the location, or the CamDolly Retail or ASP may send the product to an CamDolly repair service location for service, (ii) by requiring you to send the equipment to CamDolly’s repair service location for service on your cost, or (iii) by sending you customer installable new or refurbished replacement product or parts to enable you to service or exchange your own product (“DIY Service”). Costs of shipping damaged parts or products to CamDolly service location are covered by the Buyer. Costs of shipping of refurbished or replaced parts to the client are covered by CamDolly within Warranty Period.
Upon receipt of the replacement product or part, the original product or part becomes the property of CamDolly and you agree to follow instructions, including, if required, arranging the return of original product or part to CamDolly in a timely manner. When providing DIY Service requiring the return of the original product or part, CamDolly may require a credit card authorization as security for the retail price of the replacement product or part and applicable shipping costs. If you follow instructions, CamDolly will cancel the credit card authorization, so you will not be charged for the product or part and shipping costs. If you fail to return the replaced product or part as instructed or the replaced product or part is not eligible for warranty service, CamDolly will charge the credit card for the authorized amount.
Please access and review the online help resources at the CamDolly website and contained in the Product User Manuals before requesting warranty service.
If the product is still not functioning properly after making use of these resources, please contact CamDolly Support.
Service options are subject to change at any time. You may be responsible for shipping and handling charges if the product cannot be serviced in the country from which service is requested.
If you seek service in a country that is not the country of purchase, you will comply with all applicable import and export laws and regulations and be responsible for all custom duties, VAT and other associated taxes and charges.
For international service, CamDolly may repair or exchange defective products and parts with comparable products and parts that comply with local standards.
In accordance with applicable law, CamDolly may require that you furnish proof of purchase details before receiving warranty service.
CamDolly may refuse to provide warranty service if the goods have been imported to your country in an illegal way, for example without proper customs clearance or if your balance with CamDolly is not clear CamDolly may refuse to provide warranty service unless the balance is cleared.